Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) is being conducted from 2004 to provide admissions to M.Sc. (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, etc. Programmes at the IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programmes at IISc for consolidating Science as a career option for bright students. These postgraduate programmes at IITs and IISc offer high quality education in their respective disciplines, comparable to the best in the world. The curricula for these programmes are designed to provide opportunities to the students to develop academic talent leading to challenging and rewarding professional life.
The candidates who qualify in JAM 2018 shall have to fulfill the following Eligibility Requirement (ER) for admissions in IITs.
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 55% aggregate marks, without rounding off, (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/OBC-NCL category Candidates and Foreign Nationals; at least 50% aggregate marks, without rounding off, (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC/ST and PwD Category Candidates in the qualifying degree.
For Candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s).
Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by the admitting institute should be submitted by September 30, 2018.
How to Apply: Candidates can apply for JAM 2018 only through JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) link available at website http://jam.iitb.ac.in. The facility for Online Registration and Application will be available through the website http://jam.iitb.ac.in from September 05, 2017. A candidate has to first register on JOAPS website, by providing his/her name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password. The candidate must give an E-mail address that he/she uses and checks frequently, as all communications to the candidate from JAM 2018 will be sent to this E-mail address. The candidate must not use somebody else’s E-mail address and only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address. Similarly, the candidate should provide his/her personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS. The password that the candidate provides should be chosen so that it cannot be guessed easily by others and this password must not be forgotten by the candidate as he/she will require it to login to the online application website. Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing candidate’s Enrolment ID will be sent to the E-mail address provided by the candidate. The Enrolment ID will also be sent to the mobile number provided by the candidate. The candidate needs to use this enrolment ID along with the password for all JAM 2018 related communications or website operations. Keep your ID along with the password information safe, and confidential.
JOAPS also provides an online interface to the candidate for interacting with the JAM Administration. With this interface, a candidate can:
- Apply for the examination online.
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like category certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate (if applicable), etc.
- Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes.
- Check the Status of the application form: Received, Under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admit card ready for download, etc.
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and JAM score.
- Download JAM scorecard.
- Submission of application for Admission
|Important Dates||Test Schedule|
|Commencement of ONLINE Registration and Application on JAM 2018 Website||September 05, 2017||Exam Date||Session||Time||Test Papers and Codes|
|Last Date for Online application Submission and Uploading of Documents on the Website||October 10, 2017||February 11, 2018
|9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon||Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY),
Geology (GG) and
Mathematical Statistics (MS)
|Last Date for Payment of Application Fee through Online process||October 10, 2017|
|Date of JAM 2018 Examination||February 11, 2018||II||2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m||Biological Sciences (BL),
Mathematics (MA) and Physics (PH)
|Announcement of the Results of JAM 2018||March 20, 2018|
For more information visit: http://jam.iitb.ac.in/Advertisement